i am implementing coreboot in qemu with linux kernel as a payload. but when
i compile coreboot it shows above subject error. i have changed the ROM_SIZE
option to 2048x1024 and my linux.elf size is 440785 bytes.
so what may be wrong.
Coreboot has entered Hackontest a few weeks ago and we're doing
reasonably well, but YOUR help is needed NOW.
We have ~48 hours left until the hackontest finalists are chosen.
What's Hackontest? It's a 24 hour coding sprint located in
Zürich/Switzerland during OpenExpo (September 24/25) organized by the
Swiss Open Systems User Group and sponsored by Google.
We need one or two additional people who agree to implement or work/hack
on any the following features for 24 hours:
- Bring up the K8 (Athlon64) in coreboot v3
- Create flashrom support for the EeePc
- Easy web interface to create coreboot ROMs
- Offer a compat EFI plugin
- Add support for AMD Phenom processors
- Offer a compat BIOS plugin
- Add AMD 690 chipset series support to coreboot
- Add AMD 700 chipset series support to coreboot
Only one feature will be selected by the review comittee, so please add
your name to all of those you think you could work on. Adding your name
is a simple as logging in and clicking on "Agree to implement" for each
Benefits for you (if coreboot is chosen and you're part of the team):
- Google pays for your travel to Zürich/Switzerland including
accommodation and meals from September 23 - 26, 2008 up to USD 1000 each
- The participating team may win cash prizes of USD 1000, 2500 and 5000.
- You get to code for 24 hours non-stop in a famous etoy.TANK
- Travel to Switzerland.
- Free all you can eat pizza/caffeine during the coding marathon.
Please also vote for all coreboot features. It really helps.
Benefits for the project:
- Media coverage. Lots of it.
- Money. Can help cover the costs of another coreboot symposium.
- More developers. Visibility will help us a lot.
- One more feature is getting done.
I think alI need to do is to edit one of the config.lb, and adapt the
Is that right?
But which config.lb and what need to be changed in it?
(My CAR code now can work under EFI, but I want to migrate it into
I didn't found the information I need on the www.coreboot.org/document
and this maillist.
So any comment are welcome, I am a newbie.
you may or may not have seen them
"There are many ways to get code into the EFI environment. An attacker
can modify the bootlader directly, modify bootloader varibles in
NVRAM, modify and reflash firmware or exploit an implementation flaw
in the driver. Once the attacher is in, they can shim a boot service,
modify an ACPI table like in the tradition BIOS attack, load an SMM
driver, or hook interrup handlers. Modifying the boot loader is
actually quite simple in Mac OSX as the bootloader binary is located
in user disk space: /System/Library/CoreSerbvice.boot.efi. This isn't
very stealthy as you are modifying a file on disk which could easily
be detected by verifying checksums with an application like tripwire."
now we've been trying to get this message across for eitght years now
and it's good to see people are independently figuring it out.
Here's another part:
"The bottom line is that with the added functionality, EFI offers an
attacker many more options than BIOS for exploitation. The EFI
specification is not very clear with regards to security which will
result in various vendors implementing insecure versions of EFI. In
the future look out for nasty rootkits based on EFI."
Hello Coreboot mailing list,
I did a check on my new motherboard, and I wanted to give you guys another
EHCI controller for the "Controllers Verified to Have the Debug Port
8086:293a Intel ICH9 (rev 2)
Keep up the good work