I have just merged a driver update from SuSE. IDE should now work.
Resets new work to some extent.
Romcc continues to stabilize. I have just found a bug in the register allocator and added a runtime check so the code will fail at compile time. In addition I have added a work around for the common case to let development continue.
The problem is that some instructions must use a specific register, and when two of those instructions exist, use the same register and there is not an intermediate instruction that would move the value from one register to another then romcc fails to put the value into a different register. It skips the instruction because the register is already allocated.
Fixing this problem and in general implement spilling from one register into another in romcc is now on the todo list. Doing this cleanly will take a little time. But it is also required to support storing values in the sse/mmx registers and other places.