On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 22:34:45 +0000
Antonello Dettori <dev(a)dettori.io> wrote:
I would like to concentrate most of my efforts towards improving and
upstreaming the previous efforts, implementing a way to easily access
the recovery mode when needed and further the integration between
coreboot, serialICE and flashrom for this use-case.
Regarding the existing patches I would like to know if they would
need to stay romc-compatible or should the scope be limited to CAR
How was it implemented?
I see several building blocks:
- nvramtool and the fallback/normal mecanism.
- Many hardware also do have watchdogs, but I believe it's disabled by
- SerialICE: I'm not sure it can work from coreboot, or how to
integrate it in the same flash. Patches to add some kind of support
for it in coreboot might exist in gerrit.
- libhwremote: works with SerialICE, and was made to work with pciutils
- Coreboot also has gdb support, and even something like gdbwait, but
only in ramstage.
- Coreboot also has some code to write to some flash chips, in order to
store its logs there.