After getting a POST-card I managed to get the serial output running. COM1 is actually mapped to SP2.
Now I ran into a problem initializing the SDRAM, particularly sdram_initialize() in (src/lib/generic_sdram.c) The function hangs right before entering the first loop body. A POST code right before the for-loop gets displayed and a code within the loop doesn't. The value of the controllers var. is 1, so the loop should be entered only once.
I also tried removing the loop, as the body needs to be executed only once, and coreboot stopped on sdram_set_registers()
Output from the serial console: http://codepad.org/pXamBs0O and here is a link to my current romstage.c http://codepad.org/uhTV06GU
I also attached the dir. containing all mainboard-related files.
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Rudolf Marek email@example.com wrote:
Try changing ROMSTRAP if the M2V-MX SE works than it might be this. Go to the src/southbridge/via/romstrap.inc and change the romstrap to use the K8T890 instead of K8M890. I think both differs only in one byte 0xaa versus 0xff
In other words check if with changed ROMSIP something changes. I guess this is the only remaining difference between the SerialICE and coreboot.
Let me know if this works for you.