I just released FILO 0.4.
It can boot distro CDs if you give a proper command line.
SuSE 8.2 LiveEval CD worked without a glitch, I enjoyed the
KDE desktop, OpenOffice, etc, from the CD on an EPIA booted
Also added support for booting from BIOS flash, to boot an
alternative bootloader like Etherboot.
PCI support in IDE driver is also added (or recovered), but
the native PCI mode is not fully tested.
I tried to configure EPIA (V1) code to use native mode,
and the ports read something not 0xff, but the drive doesn't
respond to soft reset.
I don't know the bug is in FILO, LinuxBIOS, or the hardware.
I'll work on config file support next time.
Version 0.4 ts1 2003-10-15
* Support for ATAPI CD-ROM.
* ISO-9660 filesystem is taken from a GRUB patch by
Leonid Lisovskiy <lly(a)pisem.net>et>. The filesystem code was originally
written by Kousuke Takai <tak(a)kmc.gr.jp> for GRUB/98 project.
* Support for mounting boot disk image of El Torito bootable CD-ROM.
("hdc1" means the boot disk image of the CD-ROM at hdc.)
* Support for memory as device, raw device as image, and
user-specifiable device offset and length.
(eg. boot: mem@0xfffd0000,0x10000)
* PCI support in IDE driver. Now it by default uses PCI enumeration
to find the PCI IDE controller, and can use native PCI mode
if the controller is configured to this mode by BIOS.
To disable this, turn off SUPPORT_PCI.
* Fixed Linux loader to boot RedHat 9 kernel properly.