On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 12:03:37PM +0200, Igor Mammedov wrote:
* merge handle_x2apic() into apic_id_init()
* move out max-cpus check out of mptable_setup()
* factor out CPU counting/apic ID detection in separate function
* return back accidentially deleted debug message with APIC ID
* drop unused code in smp_setup()
According to SDM, if CPUs have APIC ID more than 254
firmware should pass control to OS in x2APIC mode.
This series adds x2APIC bootstrap initialization.
QEMU side of x2APIC support:
Thanks Igor. The first 3 patches look good to me. I'll commit to
SeaBIOS once the corresponding QEMU support is accepted.