On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 12:31:58PM -0400, Stefan Berger wrote:
The following set of patches add TPM and Trusted Computing support to SeaBIOS. In particular the patches add:
- a TPM driver for the Qemu's TPM TIS emulation (not yet in Qemu git)
- ACPI support for the TPM device (SSDT table)
- ACPI support for measurement logging (TCPA table)
- Support for initialzation of the TPM
- Support for the TCG BIOS extensions (1ah handler [ah = 0xbb]) (used by trusted grub; http://trousers.sourceforge.net/grub.html)
- Static Root of Trusted for Measurement (SRTM) support
- Support for S3 resume (sends command to TPM upon resume)
- TPM-specific menu for controlling aspects of the TPM
- [An optional test suite for the TIS interface]
All implementations necessarily follow specifications.
Where does this stand with respect to QEmu integration?
BTW, I don't think patch 7 or 9 really make sense to integrate in the official version of SeaBIOS. Also, in patch 8, I'd prefer to see all new fw_cfg entries use the "romfile" mechanism.