On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 22:36:43 +0200 Hannes Reinecke email@example.com wrote:
On 09/21/2015 04:58 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
On 21/09/2015 15:14, Marc Marí wrote:
This patch series is not ready for merging. There are things missing and questions to be answered:
- Is it necessary to retrieve any other data from the NVDIMM?
- Is there any other nicer (and faster) option for the page table?
- Make NVDIMM a compile-time option, as the other devices.
- Add some kind of wrapper to the boot files instead of a direct
- Add NVDIMM boot priority support.
- Add support for intitrd and cmdline. Maybe in another NVDIMM,
or in the same, or through fw_cfg.
Perhaps store a CBFS image in the NVDIMM? That could include the kernel, initrd and cmdline.
Any idea how the standards body envisioned this? Surely there's something in there...
As far as I know, the booting support is planned just for block mode. And it will probably be designed as booting from an SSD or any other block device.
And, if I remember correcly, no NVDIMM/NFIT specification mentions anything about booting.