On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland
Artyom Tarasenko wrote:
so. Actually m48t59 is emulated in sparc32, but not connected
in case of sparc64.
The referencing comment in the opensolaris source:
* Appropriate tod module will be dynamically selected while booting
* based on finding a device tree node with a "device_type" property value
* of "tod". If such a node describing tod is not found, for backward
* compatibility, a node with a "name" property value of "eeprom" and
* "model" property value of "mk48t59" will be used. Failing to find
* node matching either of the above criteria will result in no tod module
* being selected; this will cause the boot process to halt
On the real U30 machine:
ok cd /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/eeprom@14,0
reg 00000014 00000000 00002000
Oh, that's interesting. If I look in drivers/obio.c then I can see an eeprom
device named "mk48t08" rather than "mk48t59". Is this a typo, or does
need a new explicit device defined in pci.c's ebus_config_cb() somewhere?
mk48t59 is a newer version of mk48t08, there is alarm etc.
If this is the case, it appears that
qemu-system-sparc64 is set to use
mc146818rtc rather m48t59 and so there is going to have to be a qemu build
patch required here too.
Actually, while mc146818rtc is linked in, it's not used (there are
some machines that have similar device, so that's why it still hangs
around). m48t59 is on ebus.
Maybe it's time to pick a specific real machine type instead of 'Sun4u
platform'. Something that is not too far from what we have now, with
PC-like hardware. Is Netra-T1 OK?