Did I miss a message or three? I have a copy of the OpenBIOS code,
which was checked out from SVN about a month ago.
Upon entering the make command it promptly complains that I need to
install the fcode utilities. And provides the instructions for
retrieving them from SVN. I do that. It then happens that they do not
compile properly on my Slackware system who uses the 3.4.6 variant of
GCC. (More later.)
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8(a)gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude
messages in English in the Moscow subway."
I am new to this field. we are developing a embedded PC based on Celeron PC
of 1 GHZ frequency. i have following queries regarding BISO
1. If I am new, how long it takes to write BIOS for embedded PC?
2. What knowledge is need to write BISO?
3. Suppose i purchase BIOS from AMI, Award or Phoenix, do i customize BIOS
according to my Board.
4. What tools are needed to write BIOS?
5. From where do i get complete understating of BIOS?
6.I have ARM7 LPC Board. Can I write Sample BIOS for this Board?
7. What is difference between BIOS and Boot Loader?
I would be very much grateful if any body address this questions
Lots of thanks in advance
I hava a ppc board and want to port openbios to firmware..
I do on my host (x86) freebsd machine
how do it next?
I didn't found a ppcboot image in obj-ppc dirc.
sorry.I am a newbie..trouble you .