In the file Kernel/primitives.c, it say that there is another list of forth words in the file unix.c, but there is no list. Here is the quote from primitives.c.
/* words is a function array of all native code functions in used by
- the dictionary, i.e. CFAs and primitives.
- Any change here needs a matching change in the primitive word's
- name list that is kept for bootstrapping in arch/unix/unix.c
- NOTE: THIS LIST SHALL NOT CHANGE (EXCEPT MANDATORY ADDITIONS AT
- THE END). ANY OTHER CHANGE WILL BREAK COMPATIBILITY TO OLDER
- BINARY DICTIONARIES.
I think this should say the matching list is in bootstrap.c, and not in arch/unix/unix.c.
Yes, you're right - the comment is incorrect. When I find a spare moment, I'll commit a revised version of the text. Thanks for noticing :)