In the file Kernel/primitives.c, it say that there is
another list of forth words in the file unix.c, but there is no list. Here is the quote
/* words is a function array of all native code functions in used by
* the dictionary, i.e. CFAs and primitives.
* Any change here needs a matching change in the primitive word's
* name list that is kept for bootstrapping in arch/unix/unix.c
* NOTE: THIS LIST SHALL NOT CHANGE (EXCEPT MANDATORY ADDITIONS AT
* THE END). ANY OTHER CHANGE WILL BREAK COMPATIBILITY TO OLDER
* BINARY DICTIONARIES.
I think this should say the matching list is in bootstrap.c, and not in arch/unix/unix.c.
Yes, you're right - the comment is incorrect. When I find a spare
moment, I'll commit a revised version of the text. Thanks for noticing :)
Mark Cave-Ayland - Senior Technical Architect
PostgreSQL - PostGIS
Sirius Corporation plc - control through freedom
t: +44 870 608 0063
Sirius Labs: http://www.siriusit.co.uk/labs