Here are a few patches for QEMU and OpenBIOS, about SPARC32, grouped
OpenBIOS : http://temlib.org/pub/openbios_nn.diff
QEMU : http://temlib.org/pub/qemu_nn.diff
* SparcStation10/20 mode fix (drivers/iommu.c, drivers/sbus.c)
- TCX properties (drivers/tcx.fs)
- next-property (forth/device/property.fs)
- Keyboard property (drivers/escc.c)
+ Memory allocation/deallocation (arch/sparc32/lib.c,
+ a.out file loading (libopenbios/aout_load.c)
+ Dummy TICK counter (arch/sparc32/romvec.c)
+ Interrupt/Timer properties (include/drivers/drivers.h,
- TCX Hardware acceleration : Blitter, Stippler, HW cursor
- "!TC on DATA XFER" warning under NetBSD (hw/scsi/esp.c)
+ Timer Run/Stop bit correction (hw/timer/slavio_timer.c)
TCX emulation with acceleration seems good enough, although it is
it is probably impossible to implement the 24bits mode accurately and
efficiently in QEMU.
I will post each patch separately on the two mailing lists. TCX patches
should be synchronised : OpenBIOS cannot advertise an hardware cursor until
it is actually implemented.
One more thing.
After NetBSD and TCX acceleration, I tried NextSTEP, which needs the
patches marked + above.
Alas, this is not enough to make it run.
Maybe it is because QEMU SCSI disk and ESP emulation are too fast.