[SeaBIOS] How to boot USB 3.0 devices with SeaBIOS

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Oct 10 02:59:51 CEST 2017

On Sun, Oct 08, 2017 at 06:25:02AM +0200, diffusae wrote:
> On 03.10.2017 18:15, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > Can you recompile SeaBIOS with the patch below applied?  I don't have
> > a good way to test this, but I'm hopeful it will help detect the USB2
> > disconnect and avoid the controller hang.
>
> I've applied the patch. But maybe I need some help with this. Coreboot
> will always overwrite these changes.

As Paul points out, the best way to apply seabios patches is to
compile seabios separately.

[...]
> The controller doesn't hang any more and the device is detected at boot.
> I'm not sure, if it's only USB2. Because of the verbose logging, the
> cbmem console log is truncated.

The log indicates the device was detected as both USB2 and USB3.  The
USB2 version was successfully brought down, and the USB3 version
remained live.  So, everything looks good.

> Hopefully you can commit you're changes. If you need further testing,
> please send a message.

Thanks, I committed the changes.