[SeaBIOS] How to boot USB 3.0 devices with SeaBIOS

Paul Menzel pmenzel at molgen.mpg.de
Sun Oct 8 14:50:03 CEST 2017

Dear Reiner,

Am 08.10.2017 um 06:25 schrieb diffusae:

> On 03.10.2017 18:15, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
>
>> Can you recompile SeaBIOS with the patch below applied?  I don't have
>> a good way to test this, but I'm hopeful it will help detect the USB2
>> disconnect and avoid the controller hang.
>
> I've applied the patch. But maybe I need some help with this. Coreboot
> will always overwrite these changes.
>
> error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by
> checkout:
>          src/hw/usb-xhci.c
> Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can switch branches.
> Aborting
>
> I've tried stash, but that really won't work. I went back to version
> rel-1.10.0-70-gf3d2a15, applied the patch and copy it to the master
> branch. Don't know, if I've done a "checkout -- <file>" or something
> else, but after all, I got it working and can compile with the patch.
> But I don't know how. :-)

You could build SeaBIOS yourself externally, and that the result
`bios.bin.elf` to CBFS by configuring Kconfig to add an ELF file
(section *Payloads* in the coreboot menu) or by doing it yourself with
`cbfstool build/coreboot.rom add-payload -n fallback/payload -f
path/to/bios.bin.elf -c lzma`.

[…]

Kind regards,

Paul