[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS recognising USB 3.0 on boot works - partly

edward wandasiewicz 0.w3ntd at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 22:16:02 CET 2015

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 9:05 PM, edward wandasiewicz <0.w3ntd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hooray, it works... minus 2 scenarios :(
>
> With both Philips USB and Mushkin USB attached, and I perform a cold boot
>
> 1. YES - USB 3 & USB 3 - once each (Philips & Mushkin)
>
> cbmem.yes.both.USB3.USB3.gz
>
> 2. NO - USB 3 & USB 3 - once each (Philips & Muskin) - but double
> Philips showing
>
> cbmem.yes.both.USB3.USB3.DoublePhilips.gz
>
> 3. YES - USB 3 & Type C - once each (Philips & Mushkin)
>
> cbmem.yes.both.USB3.TypeC.gz
>
> I can't get a double Philips to appear
>
> 4. YES - Type C & Type C - once each (Philips & Mushkin)
>
> cbmem.yes.both.TypeC.TypeC.gz
>
> 5. NO - Type C & Type C - one Philiips & no Mushkin
>
> I forgot to save
>
> $ cbmem -c
>
> and now can't replicate it. :(
>
> When I do, I will post output.

When attempting a cold boot - shutdown - cold boot - shutdown - cold
boot - shutdown - ....

It seems the list of bootable devices can change order, yet the
devices are plugged into the same ports all the time, and never
unplugged.

We can get

1. SSD
2. Philips USB
3. Mushkin USB

or

1. SSD
2. Mushkin USB
3. Philips USB

I think scenario 5 is special case of the above, former, but no Mushkin

1. SSD
2. Philips USB

Hope this helps.

Edward.

> Edward.
>
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 7:53 PM, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 10:49:30AM +0000, edward wandasiewicz wrote:
>>> With both the Philips USB and Mushkin USB plugged in on boot, I'm
>>> still getting 4 different scenarios appearing.
>>>
>>> 1. Philips Only
>>> 2. Mushkin Only
>>> 3. Both recognised - listed once and once only