[OpenBIOS] Solaris anyone? Q2

Nathan Kunkee nkunkee42 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 00:01:41 CEST 2011

> Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 20:28:15 +0100
> From: mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
> To: openbios at openbios.org
> Subject: Re: [OpenBIOS] Solaris anyone?
>
> On 27/04/11 16:58, Nathan Kunkee wrote:
>
> > Mark, thank you for your hard work on this! It's very exciting!

[..snip..]

> > I built openbios on a SPARC Ultra60, and QEMU on x86. Could that be the
> > reason the version and machine ID got swapped?
>
> Gosh - that definitely looks like some kind of build error. Which
> compiler did you use? Here I cross-compile on 64-bit x86 using GCC 4.5.
>
> I've uploaded a fresh build of SVN trunk SPARC32 OpenBIOS to
> http://www.siriusit.co.uk/tmp/openbios-sparc32 for people to experiment
> with in the window before this makes the upstream QEMU git repository.
>

> ATB,
>
> Mark.

I built that on opensolaris (so sparc64) with gcc 4.5.2. No cross-compiler needed, although the config script thinks I'm using one.

Thank you for posting the link. That image does load, which is better than I managed, but somehow isn't seeing my solaris 9 cd or iso. BTW, QEMU crashes nicely when you boot from an empty cd device.

Next I'm trying to compare what you built with my image as I'm not sure how those values are getting byte-swapped.

Thanks,
Nathan