[OpenBIOS] Solaris anyone?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 21:28:15 CEST 2011

On 27/04/11 16:58, Nathan Kunkee wrote:

> Mark, thank you for your hard work on this! It's very exciting!
>
> I've built the latest openbios and qemu, but get the following error
> when I try and use it:
>
> nathan at redwall:/usr/local/build/qemu$ sparc-softmmu/qemu-system-sparc
> -nographic -bios openbios-builtin.elf
>
> Configuration device id QEMU version 16777216 machine id 8192
> Incompatible configuration device version, freezing
> QEMU: Terminated
>
> I built openbios on a SPARC Ultra60, and QEMU on x86. Could that be the
> reason the version and machine ID got swapped?

Gosh - that definitely looks like some kind of build error. Which
compiler did you use? Here I cross-compile on 64-bit x86 using GCC 4.5.

I've uploaded a fresh build of SVN trunk SPARC32 OpenBIOS to
http://www.siriusit.co.uk/tmp/openbios-sparc32 for people to experiment
with in the window before this makes the upstream QEMU git repository.