[OpenBIOS] Solaris anyone? Q2

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 11:00:04 CEST 2011

On 27/04/11 23:01, Nathan Kunkee wrote:

> I built that on opensolaris (so sparc64) with gcc 4.5.2. No
> cross-compiler needed, although the config script thinks I'm using one.

Ah that will probably be the problem - config/script/switch-arch
contains the logic which detects how
NATIVE_BITWIDTH_EQUALS_HOST_BITWIDTH and SWAP_ENDIANNESS should be set
and adds them to CFLAGS in Makefile.target as appropriate.

> Thank you for posting the link. That image does load, which is better
> than I managed, but somehow isn't seeing my solaris 9 cd or iso. BTW,
> QEMU crashes nicely when you boot from an empty cd device.

Strange. Can you show us the command line you are using? From your
previous email:

nathan at redwall:/usr/local/build/qemu$ sparc-softmmu/qemu-system-sparc
-nographic -bios openbios-builtin.elf

You are definitely missing the "-boot d" option to force boot from
cdrom, although this is just a guess as you have shown us any error
messages :(