[OpenBIOS] SPARC32: Trying to increase machine memory and failing

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 12:00:39 CEST 2010

Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

>> Does this error mean that the ROMs are larger than the memory space
>> allocated to them? Given that the SPARC32 ROM appears to load at 0xffd00000,
>> surely that means the ROM can be a couple of MB without any problem?
>
> Currently not a couple. hw/sun4m.c:
>
> #define PROM_SIZE_MAX        (1024 * 1024)

Right - but we should still be well under this limit.

>> Currently the size on disk of the unstripped ROM is around 540KB which
>> should be fine.
>
> Yes, should be fine. But looks like you are hitting 512KiB limit somewhere...

Actually, not even that. If I copy across the unstripped version (which
is 220K on my system) then I get exactly the same error message. I think
that the error message here is likely misleading, and it's maybe
something to do with one of the section sizes in the output binary image
rather than the entire binary image size.