AW: connection of the flash-devices

Stephan Mueller stephan_mueller at gmx.net
Wed Mar 17 11:52:41 CET 1999

> > I've got an experimention-Board (prototype-board) to put devices
> > directly in a socket and build connections. I'll try to build a
flash-switch
> > myself. If i'll be successfull i'll put the wire-diagram on my page. :)
> What sort of board, out of curiosity? Breadboard, wire-wrap or other?
> I'm using a wire-wrap for now, as breadboard types can get flaky at high
> speeds.
i don't know how this type is called. You've got hundreds of sockets and can
put in whatever
you like including wires and so on.

> I'll start in on a post card, but I think I'll try to design it for
> upgradeability (ie. header for alphanumeric LCD for "intelligent POST"
> that can display errors in human-readable form. It can also be used
> after boot for system stats, etc.. like the Matrix Orbital ones).
>
> Then maybe we can integrate.
>
> Oh yeah, one thing to watch out for is motherboards that have PLCC
> package flash on them, it could get expensive to get a plug for them.
> Try to avoid them if you want to implement this dual-flash idea.
I've organized 2 of these boards (called PA2012). I used them to hot-flash
my father's P2-Board. Hard to change the flashs if the Board is "on-Line".
:)

Ciao,
	Stephan [SpaceNet-Systems]