Project tasks etc..

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Thu Mar 18 07:28:03 CET 1999

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, James Oakley wrote:

> Is there a list of what's being worked on and by whom yet?

Not yet. This seems a good idea for the next step of our work.

> I have mainboards from Soyo, DFI, Mycomp, and Eurone all with flash on
> them that I can work on.
>=20
> I today contacted Soyo asking where I could find Eteq (chipset on some
> of their MBs, including the one I have) and if there is anything I
> should know outside of what information they might give me (if they
> bother, I hope ATI is the last "Diamond").

:-) Did they answer already? I asked quite a lot of chipset and
motherboard manufacturers now and nearly noone gave me *any* answer :-(
Seems they are all having the ATI symptome.

> So anyway, I hopefully declare myself working on Eteq chipsets
> primarily, and whatever else I can find, time permitting.

I've started a new tasks page now which currently only contains you. I
will switch it to a simple database driven page and complete it step by
step.
=20
> Oh yeah, has anyone checked out Corel's new Netwinder computers? They
> look really great, no chance in the home market though, of course they
> know that. They're selling them at www.corelcomputer.com and I was
> looking at the www.netwinder.org site today and apparently the BIOS in
> them has a small Linux kernel in there. It's a 1MB flash. Neat.

I am not sure, but I think this is an extra flash memory in addition to
the bios flash. But that's nice anyways. Alpha machines have 1MB of flash,
too. Such machines would allow to keep a full blown open firmware
compliant OpenBIOS in flash.

BTW, I finally got the rights over the mailinglist back. It should now
have a specific Subject addition and a reply-to line. Sorry for my
inconvenience.

Regards,
=09Stefan

--=20
SuSE GmbH                                       Can you afford *NOT*
Schanz=E4ckerstr. 10                                     to use Linux?
D-90443 N=FCrnberg                 =09
Germany                         =09=09=09AlphaPowered