[flashrom] EN25Q128 (Thomson TG582n router) flash problem?

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Mar 12 16:46:08 CET 2016

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 15:31:27 +0000
Adrian Graham <witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for replying! I actually found out the reason for the discrepancy by
> accident last week - that flash has an OTP section that's locked so the 2k
> that's unavailable will be down to that. Reflashing and reconnecting
> everything got me going again so I'm now chasing down a CFE bootloader for
> the BCM6328 chip in this router :)

The OTP memory is separate to the ordinary 16 MB flash memory and
cannot produce these results. It is also only 512 bytes in size
according to the data sheet in the (current) revision E of the EN25Q128.

So you did eventually write the full chip with flashrom and receive a
VERIFIED message at the end? If you still have a log file of that
please post it, thanks.