[flashrom] EN25Q128 (Thomson TG582n router) flash problem?

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 16:31:27 CET 2016

On 12/03/2016 14:59, "Stefan Tauner" <stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at>
wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 00:27:13 +0000
> Adrian Graham <witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Verifying flash... FAILED at 0x0019f8d1! Expected=0x92, Found=0x85, failed
>> byte count from 0x00000000-0x00ffffff: 0x898
>> Your flash chip is in an unknown state.
>> Please report this on IRC at chat.freenode.net (channel #flashrom) or
>> mail flashrom at flashrom.org, thanks!
>> pi at raspberrypi ~ $
>>
>> This is version 0.9.8 if you guys are still out there.
>
> Hello Adrian,
>
> I can not offer a certain explanation for the behaviour you are seeing.
> However, it looks like the communication between the programmer and the
> flash chip is not as stable as needed. The last FAILED message
> indicates that of the 16 Million bytes written only about 2000 failed.
> That's not nothing but might not show up easily when just probing for
> chips and might be undetected during reads as well (e.g. by comparing
> multiple reads manually).
>
> If you were on IRC a few days ago then you know the following links
> already, but in any case there is not much else to offer you at this
> time:
> https://www.flashrom.org/Common_problems
> https://www.flashrom.org/ISP

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for replying! I actually found out the reason for the discrepancy by
accident last week - that flash has an OTP section that's locked so the 2k
that's unavailable will be down to that. Reflashing and reconnecting
everything got me going again so I'm now chasing down a CFE bootloader for
the BCM6328 chip in this router :)

Cheers!

--
Adrian/Witchy