[flashrom] 404 error on link to precompiled windows exe

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 03:06:31 CEST 2015

> Hi,
>
> I’m a test development engineer and one of our clients has developed a board
> with an EON EN25F20 SPI Flash. They provided a Bus Pirate and the firmware
> file to be programmed and told us they use linux with flashrom to program
> the parts.
>
> Unfortunately the test solution we have developed runs windows for our test
> solution. I’ve been unable to find a valid link to a precompiled  executable
> of flashrom for windows. The link on the (flashrom.org/windows) page
> (http://ra.openbios.org/~idwer/flashrom/mingw/) returns a 404 error.

Indeed. Server configuration (which is outside my control) has
rendered this URL unreahable.

However, you can find win32 builds over here:
http://buildbot.flashrom.org/buildresults/

> Could you please help me locate a .exe, I’m more of a hardware guy than
> software and am struggling with the MINGW stuff.

You can find an (alpha quality) prebuilt .exe here:
http://buildbot.flashrom.org/buildresults/flashrom-000174-CcG/win32/

If you wish to reproduce the build yourself, here are in-a-nutshell
instructions: http://flashrom.org/Windows#Building_.28cross-compiling.29_flashrom_on_Linux_for_Windows_using_MinGW.

> Many thanks,
>

> Michael Ayles
>
> Test Development Engineer
>

> IMS Testing Solutions (Abtest)
>
> Abtest Ltd is a UKAS approved facility : Accreditation Number 0042
>
> Tregwilym Industrial Estate, Rogerstone, Newport, South Wales, UK,  NP10 9YA
>
> T:  +44 (0) 1443 290030  F: +44 (0) 1633 892770
>
> E: Michael.Ayles at ttelectronics-ims.com
>

> www.abtest.com
>

> Abtest Ltd. Registration Number 620992 trading as IMS Testing Solutions
>

> General Note: Please be aware,due to new security requirements , all visits
> to Abtest must be booked in at least 24 hours in advance.
>

> Confidentiality Notice:
>

> This message is private and confidential.   If received in error, please
> destroy and notify sender.   Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality
> or privilege.   Dissemination, use of or reliance upon this email is
> prohibited when received in error.   Email may be susceptible to data
> corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment, and no liability is
> accepted by the sender for any of the foregoing.  It is the recipient’s
> responsibility to scan the email and any attachment for viruses.

flashrom is open source software (GPL), and its mailing list is public
as well. Meeting such confidentiality disclaimers is impossible.
See http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/

HTH,

Idwer