[flashrom] test report for GD25Q16(B)

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jul 15 01:08:13 CEST 2014

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:34:13 +0900
YounJaeRho <luxflow at live.com> wrote:

> I cannot remember or reproduce exactly since it was 2 weeks ago and I detached chip from raspberry piand also chip is not stock, it is detached from commercial router product (router rom)
> As far as I rememberWhile writing,  flashrom fall into infinite loop in some memory region and I manually abort with ctrl+c.
> So I tried writing using force option, it works well

Hello,

thanks for the clarification. An endless loop is quite unlikely but
there might be a bug in the raspberry pi kernel that makes flashrom
hang, but this is the first time someone observed that AFAIK. Also, the
force switch can not possibly be the reason for a change in behavior
you described above.

Anyway, I have marked the flash chip as fully tested and will commit
that later together with other small changes. Thanks a lot for your
report.