[flashrom] Support for >16MB chips with 4-byte addressing?

Amelkin, Aleksandr Aleksandr.Amelkin at t-platforms.ru
Wed Jul 2 22:09:44 CEST 2014

Hi.

I've seen a number of patches that tried to add 4-byte addressed chips support to flashrom,
but none of them seem to work on Winbond W25Q256FV (even provided the support for the
chip is added with only full-chip erasers declared).

Are there any plans on adding 4-byte addressed chips support into flashrom?

I'm planning to work on that on my own, taking Mark Marshall's and Brian Rak's patches as a base:
http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2013-March/010759.html
https://gist.github.com/devicenull/8735650

However if there is any ongoing activity on this topic and anyone has further (possibly incomplete) patches, please share
as I couldn't find them.

With best regards -
Alexander Amelkin