[flashrom] I lost my backup image and now my pc doesn't start...!

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jan 10 01:09:58 CET 2012

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 16:33:54 +0200
İlhan Kahraman <ilhan805 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It has not respond anything after that, not even any fan has cycled...

hello İlhan,

your whole story sounds to me a bit like if the hardware has broken
coincidentally at the same moment as you wrote to the flash chip. Not
starting the fans at power-up is a quite uncommon symptom because
normally this is not handled by the host software.
if i understood your mails correctly you have re-used the rest of the
hardware with the new board and everything works?
IMHO the only things that could make the fans not spin are:
- broken power supply and/or connections
- broken mainboard (voltage regulators, traces, capacitors etc)
- shorts by lost screws etc.
- broken/dusted or unconnected fan :)

i guess this wont help you much, but besides the steps you tried
already, i dont know anything either, sorry.