[flashrom] I lost my backup image and now my pc doesn't start...!

İlhan Kahraman ilhan805 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 19:16:55 CET 2012

No, it didn't give any errors. And No, bupdater identifies the bios of
m4a.... and gives an error mesage because it knows the board is not
appropriate for the bios of m4a.... So I have to do it with flashrom.
Yes I can do hot swap as I mention in prev. mail. Same protocol same
voltages...

The one thing that I totally confused that: *the flashing*. Is it
just a " sudo
flashrom -w  any.rom " process or more complicated than that like: updating
some part of the chip with  -- layout or -- image  options
and leaving other parts of the chip whit its original contents (like boot
block) or something like that?  And I do not really know if this process
can affect the amd chipset of my board or its only effective on the flash
chip?
İf its just a writing process of any .ROM file I thing I can try forcing it
to writing operation with internal programer...

Thanks for Luck :))

8 Ocak 2012 19:37 tarihinde Marcos Felipe Rasia de Mello <

e-mail: ilhan805 at gmail.com