[flashrom] Add timeout check to SPI bitbang bus request

Iain Paton selsinork at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 00:15:09 CEST 2011

Stefan Tauner wrote:
> AT49BV002A(N)'s ID is 0x07 afaics and that's equal to AT49F002(N)... hm.

tried 7 & 8, 8 for the T version according to the datasheet, but nothing to
lose trying both

> what did you try? does probing with the nicintel_spi code help?

didn't appear to, but I'm assuming that when you did it you left it stuck in
the loop while you tried the nicintel code ?  Carl-Daniel's patch means it
doesn't get stuck anymore, so I need to either revert that or try something else.

> so it is certainly not exactly the same problem i had; and i cant
> help you further right now, sorry.

np, with these being pci cards their usefulness is limited to me nowadays,
in fact I think they've sat in a box since last time :)  so it's mostly
curiosity on my part, no burning need for me to solve it.

Iain