[flashrom] [RFC] National Semiconductor DP83815 NIC patch

Andrew Morgan ziltro at ziltro.com
Tue Jun 8 03:29:59 CEST 2010

On 08/06/10 01:29, Andrew Morgan wrote:
> I have set it to 128K now, see comment in patch. I hope the comment is
> ok.

The 128KB comment might not be needed any more. It seems that 128KB is
the correct maximum size.
Using a multimeter I found that the voltage on A16 does change during a
read. The other thing I found is that the network card uses 3.3v for the
boot ROM, not 5v! As I have been doing all my tests with a 5v±10% 256KB
flash chip, and one of the address lines was floating, I'm not surprised
there was random data being read. (I am surprised that erase seemed to
work.)

So now all I need to do is find a 128KB 3.3v DIP32 parallel flash chip...

--

Andrew.