[flashrom] [RFC] National Semiconductor DP83815 NIC patch

Andrew Morgan ziltro at ziltro.com
Tue Jun 8 02:29:01 CEST 2010

On 07/06/10 23:47, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Are you sure? AFAICS your code can't support more than 64 kB because it
> truncates the address to 16 bits. Due to that, it should definitely set
> max_rom_decode.parallel. You can try changing the address mask, and if
> that give you good readbacks, you can still increase the size. However,
> in the end every programmer with parallel flash has to set this limit to
> make flashing safe for users.

Good point. :)
I have set it to 128K now, see comment in patch. I hope the comment is ok.

> TODO:
> Please send a patch which sets max_rom_decode.parallel to a size which
> makes sense (i.e. 65536 with the current code) and please add printing
> of the programmer PCI devices to print.c and print_wiki.c.
> It would be cool if you could add some info to the man page as well.
> Just copy and paste from an existing programmer there.
Done with the exception of the man page, as CONFIG_NICNATSEMI is off by
default it wouldn't make sense to be in the man page yet, and I don't
really know the syntax. I could probably just copy '...nicrealtek...'
like I have done in other places though... ;)

print.c doesn't pad the PCI bus IDs: (0020/0022)
National Semiconductor DP83815/DP83816 [100b:20] (untested)
National Semiconductor DP83820 [100b:22] (untested)

The attached patch adds nicnatsemi to print.c and print_wiki.c, changes
the address mask to use MA0-MA16 and sets the maximum decode size to 128KB.

Signed-off-by Andrew Morgan <ziltro at ziltro.com>

--

Andrew.