[flashrom] Sucessfully used Flashrom with Asus M2V mainboard.

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Nov 14 05:03:48 CET 2009

Hi Johannes,

On 12.11.2009 23:27, Johannes Sjölund wrote:
> I wanted to update the proprietary firmware on an Asus M2V mainboard [...]
> It worked prefectly!

Thanks for your report.

> After that I was told that I should have read out what I had written on the
> chip and compared the md5sum with the downloaded firmware file. It seems I
> was a little reckless, but it ended well.

Current flashrom versions have auto-verify, but since you manually
verified anyway, there was no need to recheck the MD5 checksum.

Please spread the word about flashrom, blog about it, tell your friends, ...

Developer quote of the week:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."