[flashrom] Success: Asus K8V (plain) motherboard (VIA VT8237)

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri Nov 13 12:29:56 CET 2009

Hey folks,

Just wanted to report success in flashrom'ing a plain Asus K8V (no -X, -SE,
Deluxe, whatever) using the ROM obtained from here:
  http://support.asus.com/download/download_item.aspx?product=1&model=K8V

  # flashrom -w K8VB1007.AMI
  Calibrating delay loop... OK.
  No coreboot table found.
  Found chipset "VIA VT8237", enabling flash write... OK.
  Found chip "Winbond W29C040P" (512 KB) at physical address 0xfff80000.
  ===
  This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: PROBE READ ERASE WRITE
  Please email a report to flashrom at coreboot.org if any of the above operations
  work correctly for you with this flash part. Please include the full output
  from the program, including chipset found. Thank you for your help!
  ===
  Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.
  Programming page: 2047 at address: 0x0007ff00

Reading and verifying similarly worked.

I used flashrom from Debian lenny, version 0.0+r3397-1.

Thanks a lot. flashrom made my life a lot easier today!

"they that can give up essential liberty
 to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                                  -- benjamin franklin

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net