[flashrom] Sucessfully used Flashrom with Asus M2V mainboard.

Johannes Sjölund j.sjolund at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 23:27:20 CET 2009

Hi,

I wanted to update the proprietary firmware on an Asus M2V mainboard from
version 1603 to 2101. Having no floppy drive or Windows OS I browsed for the
easiest way to do it on Linux and found Flashrom. I read the wiki page and
found out the mainboard was supported. After downloading a package from the
Asus website containing the firmware I checked with people on the IRC
channel to get confirmation the filesize was correct. It was, so I charged
ahead and wrote the new firmware to the chip, verified it against the file
and rebooted. It worked prefectly!
After that I was told that I should have read out what I had written on the
chip and compared the md5sum with the downloaded firmware file. It seems I
was a little reckless, but it ended well.

Thank you for your good work on Flashrom!