[coreboot] Flashing Coreboot on Lenovo G505s

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 22:53:06 CEST 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Anac ;) another "CH341A advice": check
its' voltage before using for the first time, because there were a few
CH341A (the majority of reports were about black PCB version) , which
- because of manufacturer's mistake - supply 5V power instead of 3.3V
and that could damage your BIOS chip. (btw its' possible to repair
these CH341A to make them 3.3V, seen the rework instructions somewhere
online). Although the probability of getting such faulty CH341A is
very small, maybe its' better to buy CH341A with green PCB to be a
little bit safer (don't know about blue PCB) , and just in case -
check the voltage between power VCC and ground GND before the first
usage.

By the way, these short wires you've seen at my photo - are a bit of
an overkill and not so convenient to use. 10cm copper is enough for
the majority of tasks, I've created these custom 5cm in an attempt to
have the better flashing results with some "current-draining" hungry
boards - G505S LA-A091P / LA-A092P , like the majority of other laptop
boards, is not one of them. For many people even their 20cm aluminium
wires are enough (they come together with the cheapest SOIC8 test
clips as soldered to them) - and 20cm aluminium is like 30cm copper in
terms of electrical resistance