[coreboot] Coreboot for Apollolake

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Thu Sep 20 22:06:39 CEST 2018

Hi Antony,

On 20.09.2018 09:28, Antony AbeePrakash X V wrote:
> Thanks for the response , we extracted the flash descriptor from the
> BIOS Image using the ifdtool as below

if you already have a working firmware combination for your board (I
assume the BIOS Image you mention is one), I can only advice against
tinkering with any flash region but the BIOS region. If you have wor-
king IFD/ME regions in flash, better treat them as read-only (if you
use flashrom, use a layout or --ifd and only include the BIOS region).

It's ok to ignore the Firmware Descriptor warning, as long as you only
flash the BIOS region. Writing the whole flash at once on an Intel
platform is rather error-prone.

>     CBFSLAYOUT  coreboot.rom
>
> This is a legacy image composed entirely of a single CBFS.

It's hard to tell where things went wrong. At some step above the FMAP
in the coreboot image must have been corrupted. One way to figure out
would be to run `cbfstool <file> layout` on each intermediate file.
You can see all the steps and file names if you run make with V=1. Yet
again, I can only advice to skip the descriptor integration and flash
regions individually instead.

Nico