[coreboot] Coreboot for Apollolake

Antony AbeePrakash X V AntonyAbee.PrakashXV at LntTechservices.com
Thu Sep 20 09:28:13 CEST 2018

Hi All,

Thanks for the response , we extracted the flash descriptor from the BIOS Image using the ifdtool as below

./ifdtool -x ~/<BIOS_IMAGE>.bin

Peculiar firmware descriptor, assuming Ibex Peak compatibility.
  Flash Region 0 (Flash Descriptor): 00000000 - 00000fff
  Flash Region 1 (BIOS): 00001000 - 00efefff
  Flash Region 2 (Intel ME): 07fff000 - 00000fff (unused)
                                                                 Flash Region 3 (GbE): 07fff000 - 00000fff (unused)
                                                                  Flash Region 4 (Platform Data): 07fff000 - 00000fff (unused)
                                                                  Flash Region 5 (Reserved): 00eff000 - 00ffefff
                                                                  Flash Region 6 (Reserved): 07fff000 - 00000fff (unused)
                                                                  Flash Region 7 (Reserved): 07fff000 - 00000fff (unused)
                                                                  Flash Region 8 (EC): 07fff000 - 00000fff (unused)

when we compile the core boot with the  Flash Descriptor , we are getting the below error

    CBFS       fallback/postcar
    CBFS       fallback/dsdt.aml
    CBFS       fallback/payload
    DD         Adding Intel Firmware Descriptor
    IFDTOOL    Unlocking Management Engine
Platform is: aplk
File build/coreboot.pre is 2097152 bytes
Peculiar firmware descriptor, assuming Ibex Peak compatibility.
Writing new image to build/coreboot.pre.new
    CBFS       coreboot.rom
    CBFSLAYOUT  coreboot.rom

This is a legacy image composed entirely of a single CBFS.
make: *** [build/coreboot.rom] Error 1
make: *** Deleting file `build/coreboot.rom'

Could you please point out where it went wrong , have we missed something

Thanks & Regards,
Antony