[coreboot] Modifying FSP in Binary Configuration Tool (BCT)

Zvi Vered veredz72 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 23:31:47 CEST 2018

Hi Jose, All,

I built coreboot.rom with the right microcode.
Following is the coreboot build summary:
Name                                  Offset        Type
Size   Comp
cbfs master header             0x0            cbfs header        32
   none
fallback/romstage                0x80          stage
 28660     none
cpu_microcode_blob.bin     0x7100      microcode          52224     none
fallback/ramstage                0x13d80    stage                  62434
none
config                                  0x231c0     raw
614        none
revision                               0x23480     raw
570        none
cmos_layout.bin                 0x23700     cmos_layout       872
none
fallback/dsdt.aml                0x23ac0     raw                     12528
   none
(empty)                              0x26c00      null
1675672 none
fsp.bin                                0x1bfdc0     fsp
229376   none
(empty)                              0x1f7e00     null
30936    none
bootblock                           0x1ff700      bootblock           1720
    none
The size of microcode is 52224 bytes. This is exactly the size of the file
06-37-09 I'm using.

I also modified FSP. According to the datasheet of the board:
MAIN MEMORY: Up to 4 GByte DDR3L-1333 memory down
So I set:
Enable Memory Down: Enabled

Now the post code is 0x12F.
The board has 4 digits post code display.

Nothing is displayed on the RS232 terminal.

Can you please advise how to proceed ?

Best regards,
Zvika