[coreboot] Coreboots Board Status have privacy issues for contributors

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 23:32:30 CET 2018

I've already raised this board_status.sh issue a few months earlier,
together with the proposed fix (which I forgot to transform into a
patch, perhaps because no one replied to me) -
https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2018-April/086488.html .
It could be hard to create an automatic filter which will successfully
erase all the information that you believe is private, and also there
could be different estimates of what is private and what is not.
Perhaps the easiest solution is just to insert a pause before
uploading the results, so that a user could use this pause to remove
the log parts that he considers as private. Also, this way only the
user will be responsible for removing his private information and
there wouldn't be any complains like "your script didn't remove X and
some 3-letter-agency hacked me by using this knowledge"