[coreboot] RISC-V HiFive Unleashed board added to coreboot - has PCI-e slots via exp board

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Jun 25 17:45:26 CEST 2018

ron minnich wrote:
> I realize there was a lot of hope in the early days that RISC-V
> implied "openness" but as we can see that is not so.

I hope that noone had that impression.

The key point (which I have to repeat every now and then) is that
RISC-V *supports* openness, in ways not possible with x86, ARM or
-yes- even POWER, at least at the moment.

ron minnich wrote:
> I'm still interested in risc-v, just not hifive.

Right - I think it's important not to judge an open architecture by
any one implementation, but to remember (as you point out) the
difference between architecture and implementation.

//Peter