[coreboot] RISC-V HiFive Unleashed board added to coreboot - has PCI-e slots via exp board

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 23:13:32 CEST 2018

I'm still interested in risc-v, just not hifive.

In saying I've lost interest,  I'm definitely not saying anyone is a bad
person. The sifive people are wonderful, personally and professionally, and
I wish them the best success.

But sifive had to make some decisions to get to what they thought was a
commercially viable platform, and those decisions result in a platform that
I just don't find interesting. A further disappointment is that in spite of
a considerable amount of work on the part of coreboot contributors, as well
as no small amount of discussion, directed to getting them to use coreboot
... BBL is still in there. I don't see a reason for the BBL, which has
applicability to only one vendor, to continue to exist. I don't see the
need for yet another architecture-specific firmware code base.

So, I've lost interest in the hifive. I'm looking for a different risc-v
implementation to work on.

ron