[coreboot] [RFH] Native AMD fam10-15 support

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 22:12:18 CEST 2018

Hi

Now that we wiped out K8, I'd like to put my eyes on fam10-15 boards.

Couple questions for board owners:

First, about asus/kcma-d8 and asus/kgpe-d16: Do these have working S3
support? I remember rumours they originally worked at some point, but
regressed during the rebase / upstream process. Anyone willing to
bisect/fix it if necessary?

I am asking, because these are the last two remaining boards with
combination of HAVE_ACPI_RESUME=y and RELOCATABLE_RAMSTAGE=n, and we
have to drag along some back-and-forth memory copy code to keep OS
memory intact for these two.

Second, I would like to move forwards with AMD fam10 to have
RELOCATABE_RAMSTAGE=y, that would also solve above-mentioned issue and
open up doors for some new features.

If it was my decision, RELOCATABLE_RAMSTAGE for x86 would be one
criteria to survive the next (October 2018?) release. POSTCAR_STAGE
for May 2019. I am probably too late to make such wishes, but I hope
these will happen in the next two years nevertheless.

Kyösti