[coreboot] Microcode updates for slightly older intel CPU's re: meltdown/spectre

Merlin Büge toni at bluenox07.de
Thu Jan 11 10:18:42 CET 2018

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 21:55:18 -0500
"Taiidan at gmx.com" <Taiidan at gmx.com> wrote:

> I am curious of any intel insiders know if there will be microcode
> updates released for older intel CPU's (ex: sandy/ivybridge) and
> failing that, what can be done in regards to securing them from
> meltdown/spectre.

Not an Intel insider, but here is a list from Lenovo listing affected
products and when microcode updates will be available addressing
Spectre v2:

  https://support.lenovo.com/de/en/solutions/len-18282

X230 is scheduled for 2/2/2018.

I don't know about the X200, but I doubt there will be further microcede
updates :/ But actually I don't know.

For meltdown, running the latest kernel should be sufficient I guess,
since it has the KPTI patches.

Merlin Büge <toni at bluenox07.de>