[coreboot] Can coreboot for KabyLake rvp11 work on Intel Sasby Island kit?

Jay Talbott JayTalbott at sysproconsulting.com
Tue Jan 9 00:42:08 CET 2018

Hi Nico,

The fact that the prior release on GitHub did not include release notes is why I assumed it would work for the -U, when, in fact, it did not - and instead managed to turn the CRBs into boat anchors. First time I've ever seen an FSP be able to completely take down a CRB to where it can't be resurrected by restoring the original factory UEFI BIOS image.

Some FSPs have only listed what specific variants they support because those were the only variants tested/validated, even though the FSP might work on other variants that were not ever validated. But in this case, the KabyLake FSP on GitHub apparently only supports -H.

It took the past three months to get this all sorted out, and to finally get a bootloader that boots on the RVP7 and RVP15 CRBs - something I should have been able to have up and running in a couple of hours - or worst case, a couple of days.

At least now I can finally start focusing on porting from the RVP7/RVP15 coreboot implementation to my client's board design...

- Jay

Jay Talbott
Principal Consulting Engineer
SysPro Consulting, LLC