[coreboot] Can coreboot for KabyLake rvp11 work on Intel Sasby Island kit?

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Mon Jan 8 23:19:12 CET 2018

Hi Jay,

On 08.01.2018 19:35, Jay Talbott wrote:
> The release notes for the Kaby Lake FSP on github says it's specifically
> just for KabyLake-H. It makes no mention of supporting KabyLake-U.

sorry, I might be just blind. But there don't seem to be release notes
for the version from June:

  [icon at bob FSP]$ git checkout KabylakeFsp0001
  HEAD is now at d88078a... initial Kabylake FSP check-in.
  [icon at bob FSP]$ find . -iname *release*
  [icon at bob FSP]$ git grep -i release
  KabylakeFspBinPkg/Fsp.bsf:        Help "Size of SMRAM memory reserved.
0x400000 for Release build and 0x1000000 for Debug build"
  KabylakeFspBinPkg/Include/FspmUpd.h:  Size of SMRAM memory reserved.
0x400000 for Release build and 0x1000000 for Debug build
  KabylakeFspBinPkg/SampleCode/Vbt/Vbt.bsf:$RelStage
            1 byte      ; Release status
  [icon at bob FSP]$

The release notes of the Gold release mention it, though. But, earlier
versions often listed only one variant while they supported all. Doesn't
matter any more, I guess. If they force people to reverse engineer their
stuff, that's ok for me (I'm pretty sure now that this is less effort,
than ensuring their undocumented blobs work).

> After opening an IPS case on the issue, I discovered that the KabyLake
> FSP on github was developed by IoTG for KabyLake-H, while a different
> KabyLake FSP was developed by a completely different team at Intel for
> KabyLake-U (which was the FSP that was used for validating the kblrvp
> mainboard support in coreboot). This other KabyLake FSP is current not
> available on github (and I don't know if it ever will be).

Now this is what I call a Google Support Package.

Nico