[coreboot] Coreboot with an UEFI payload to boot (Clover) an Thinkpad X230 Hackintosh

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 20:23:45 CET 2018

> Then I’ve tried Coreboot/TianoCore (on flash) + Grub2(EFI)/Ubuntu (on
> disk), and it didn’t worked. I have a black screen with a blinking cursor
> (top left screen).

Hello Fred,

Let me clear for you the theory, since I see that you need a bit more
knowledge here (I apologize for not using text mode, since I import picture
in this email).

Let me import the picture how your stock UEFI (BIOS) looks like:

[image: Inline image 1]

You see, your INTEL FSP and Coreboot are nothing more, then SEC + PEI
(intermingled), where in PEI phase CPU + Chipset Init (most of it) belong
to FSP, less of Chipset Init + almost entire Board Init belong to Coreboot,
+ minimal of DXE (the minimum set of drivers to make OS boot loader to
work).

Tiano Core is the following: entire/full set of DXE (device drivers) with
UEFI calls, to make it UEFI compatible, + probably Boot Dispatcher.

(Final) OS Boot loader is actually GRUB2.

Here, (again), *somebody from GOOGLE Coreboot folks should help* you with
this transition (from DXE/Tiano Core to OS Boot Loader/GRUB2). OK?

Or, you can also post some complete debug traces (from FSP till GRUB2 or
whatever), so me and/or somebody else should look into them, to see what is
going on here???

Zoran
_______