[coreboot] Problems with NVidia on Lenovo ThinkPad T430

Tobias Dausend t.dausend at openmails.org
Wed Apr 4 12:39:52 CEST 2018

> Hello Tobias,
>
> You can switch between GPUs by changing the value of the
> hybrid_graphics_mode CMOS setting using nvramcui or nvramtool.
> Currently, for the T430 this field can be set to either Integrated only
> or Dedicated only. Make sure you are using CMOS for configuration
> values. Unfortunately, I was unable to switch the power for the dGPU
> off at all, which resulted in rather high power consumption even if
> only the integrated GPU is enabled.
>
> Regards,
> Micha? Kope?

Hello,

thanks for the feedback. What version of Coreboot did you use? Is the
stable 4.7 enough or should I use a snapshot from the git-repository?
Also the question how to include the VGA-bios for the NVidia-card. I did
a compilation with the VGA-bios for Intel and included the rom
afterwards with cbfstool. Is this the correct way to do as "optional rom"?

Thanks!

Regards,
Tobias.