[coreboot] SPI Flash debug console on H8SCM

Youness Alaoui kakaroto at kakaroto.homelinux.net
Fri Sep 15 20:43:38 CEST 2017

Hi Fabian,

It was ported to older intel architectures by Nicola Corna here :
https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/21107/
I don't know what would need to be done to port it to work with amd,
but in theory, all it needs is for the chipset to support SPI
operations. If it can read and write to the spi flash for the purposes
of the mrc.cache, then it should be easy to make it work.
The real work to port it to other architectures was pretty much only
to make sure the spi controller doesn't use global variables so it
could be included in the bootblock and romstage.

Good luck.
Youness.