[coreboot] SPI Flash debug console on H8SCM

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Sat Sep 16 10:53:05 CEST 2017

On 09/15/2017 12:40 PM, Fabian wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I try to get coreboot run on my H8SCM. Sadly I get no log over serial or USB.
The H8SCM has serial ports that are routed via the winbond BMC chip
slash pseudo super I/O, I too have been unable to get output on it.
> One more question to the AMD experts: There are two motherboard models "H8SCM" and "H8SCM (Fam10)". Whats the difference?
AFAIK The first is AGESA the second was a port to the native init code,
however that port no longer works (and I believe neither of them work
these days)

I believe the simplest way to get started on getting coreboot to work on
this board is to get a PCI-e serial card that has a serial controller
matching the model that coreboot supports (I believe the oxford
OXPCIe952, see the device ID's under generic drivers in menuconfig)
It is what I am going to do when I get the time.